We all know that winter is finally over, and the warm spell that we have been having is great! It has allowed people to come outside and enjoy the nice weather. Now is a great time to start thinking about your yard’s spring cleanup. This type of chore or set of chores can bring up mixed feelings to homeowners in the Waterloo, IL area. We love being outside enjoying and relaxing, but in order to do this, we have to do some spring cleanup.
Deep Spring Cleanup Work
- As soon as you spot the first baby leaf of poison ivy, make sure you get rid of it as soon as possible.
- Start doing work that you cannot during the hot summer weather, this includes cutting vines and briars
- It is also a good time to get the bush hog out and cut down the brush, which can get out of hand during the summertime.
- With getting down the brush, you are now able to reach places, you may not have been able to during the winter.
- During the spring it is smart to fix fences, rebuild any crumbling walls, and fix any other hardscaping projects that need to be looked at.
- If it is not cold outside, you can pour cement and can have good drying.
The Dirty Spring Cleanup Task
- If you have a pet, you know that you will need to start to scoop up any dog poop. Make sure that you do it before spring showers happen, overwise it could become one with the earth. Unfortunately, dog poop is a large contributor to e Coli in the Waterloo, IL area, so make sure to dispose of it properly.
Clear Your Flowerbeds
- If you didn’t get all of the weeds and leaves out of your flowerbeds in the fall, doing it now is important.
- Make sure to rake up all the leaves and any dead foliage as well as branches and twigs that have fallen during the wintertime.
- If you have a bag of bulbs that you meant to plant last fall, now is the perfect time to plant them. By planting bulbs to help grow cute flowers during the late spring/ early summer seasons.
While you are out in your yard, you may notice that some trees in your yard could have been damaged during the winter season. If you spot this while doing your spring cleanup, give our team at Merritt’s Tree Service a call today! We will make sure that your tree is healthy, or if it is not, we will be able to remove it for you.